1. Institutional Profile
|Name of organization:
||Shaheed Smriti Multiple Campus
||15 Km east from Narayangadh by the East-West Highway.
||056-560147 and 056- 561447
|Nature of organization:
|Type of organization:
||BBS, BBM, BA, B. Ed., B. Sc., M. Ed., and MBS of T.U and an academic
autonomous program BFA.
||Bharat Prasad Khanal
|Executive Head (Campus Chief):
||Krishna Prasad Subedi
SSMC will be an academically sound, economically self-sustained, socially
responsible and culturally harmonious center of excellence both as an academic
institution providing highly demanding quality education; and as an
international centre for research developing and disseminating knowledge of
national/international quest and demand.
The mission of SSMC is to develop itself as a leading academic institution that
will provide equal opportunity of quality education for all at affordable fee
structure. The guiding principles of this institution are quality, financial
sustainability, demand orientation and equality.
4. Strategic priorities or Goals
The goals set by the institution for the next five years
- To develop the institution as the center of excellence improving its quality
of education in terms of both pass percentage and graduate employment.
- To generate and disseminate knowledge of national and international quest
- To improve gender parity in education and include all culturally and
economically backward groups in education mainstream.
Strategic objectives of SSMC are:
- To increase pass percentage of students.
- To increase graduate employment of the college.
- To produce technical manpower for the nation.
- To achieve operating cost effectiveness of this institution.
- To improve credibility of academic programs offered by the campus.
- To improve and maintain gender parity in service offering.
- To increase opportunity of education for disadvantaged groups.
- To develop national and international linkages of this institution.
- To develop the campus as an autonomous institution.
6.1 Generic Strategy
Low cost leadership, service differentiation and special segment focus are the
popular generic strategies that can be followed by an academic institution. From
very beginning SSMC has been following low cost leadership strategy but now it
has been felt the importance of service differentiation in terms of quality.
Both types of qualities, pass percentage and graduate employment should be the
basic objectives of this institution that can be achieved through process
improvement and service mix modification by exercising academic autonomy.
6.2 Functional Strategies
- Supreme body of this institution is management committee. Priority will be
given on general consensus on its formation and decision making.
- Special emphasis will be given to the voice of students and teacher staffs
on structural development.
- Decentralization and participation will be the guiding principle on SSMC
- More and more responsibility center will be established with clear cut
authority and responsibility.
- College will recognize student union, teachers union, and guardian’s union
and alumni associations.
- Administrative sections and units will be given adequate authority and made
- College will establish Research Management Cell (RMC) to establish research
culture within the organization.
- Quality education, Media advertisement, Promotion campaign and Student
Mobilization will be the marketing tools to attract students.
- Students will be selected on merit basis but special priorities will be
given to girls, janajaties, dalits, and disadvantaged groups.
- Friendly relation will be developed with local secondary schools, community
colleges and other educational institution.
- Counselling to the students for the further education and career
opportunities will be made regular and effective.
- Market demanding technical and practical programmes will be developed as
autonomous program of the campus.
- Tracer study will be conducted on annual basis to collect views of
- Students will be attracted and motivated through market demanding programs,
quality education and extra facilities such as hygienic canteen facility,
facilities of games and refreshment, participation on community programs
Physical Facility Development Plan
- Physical facilities of this institution will be developed to suit for its
quality orientation, research and development work.
- Modern tolls and techniques will be integrated with its physical assets to
ensure quality and betterment.
- Separate premises and building will be constructed for separate programs.
- Lab, library, net facility, canteen, indoor and outdoor game facilities and
well equipped classrooms will be made assessable for all students.
- Padampur block of this institution will be developed as a bio-chemistry
research and development centre.
Academic Quality Development
- Teacher-staff will be inspired to contribute most of their time for the
betterment of quality education.
- Special attention will be given on discipline to create qualitative
- Performance based extra incentives will be provided to teaching staffs.
- Sufficient net, library and lab facilities will be provided to the students
and teacher staff for their betterment.
- Market demanding autonomous programs will be developed to attract high
caliber students for better output.
- Institution will pursue strategic alliances with national and international
players for research and development.
- The college will pursue efforts to encourage and support student-faculty
interaction in a wide range of educational contexts.
- College will focus on increasing interdisciplinary and experiential learning
opportunities such as learning communities, service learning, internships,
research experiences, and international exchanges.
- College will attempt to provide platform for research and development to
national and international researchers.
Human Resource Development
- College will recruit and retain faculty, staff, and students who are
dedicated to individual and organizational excellence and achievement.
- College will support faculty members and administrative members for their
- College will encourage involvement of faculty, staff, and students in
community affairs and activities.
- College will try to increase faculty and staff access to opportunities for
- College will improve the internal climate fostering an atmosphere of trust
- It will promote faculty development for continuous learning and awards
development program that celebrate our faculty achievement.
- Regular promotion, status increment, authority-responsibility relation,
performance based extra incentives will be used as employee motivation
- College will focus on regular training, workshop, seminar and other
development programs for better performance.
- Special priority will be given for academic development of faculty members.
They will be inspired to uplift their academic qualification through M.
Phil. And Ph. D.
- College will foster an environment that encourages faculty, staff, and
students to engage in transfer of technology and entrepreneurial activities.
- College will foster an environment in which all members of the institution
and community can contribute their fullest while pursuing satisfying
Working Process Development
- Modern tools and techniques will be integrated on its operating process for
- College will improve the rigor, challenge, and international reputation of
academic programs which leads student’s better critical thinking, creative
abilities, and communication skills.
- Focus will be given on internal examination and feed back for the better
- College will try to establish lifelong learning environment outside the
- Assistant campus chief, department heads, program coordinators and Quality
control unit will be made more responsible to ensure effective operating
- Defining capacity of each faculty, program and level, optimum number of
students per class will be ensured.
- Students and faculties members will be inspired for basic and applied
research work. College will recognize and reward to those valuable works.
- Examination section will be developed as examination department and Centre
for teaching and learning will be developed as the department of curriculum
development and evaluation department.
- Healthy Campus Initiative will have been established to address the
management of mental health, academic environment and discipline.
- College will maintain partnership relationship with society for academic,
economic, cultural and behavioral development.
- Campus will develop at least one market demanding autonomous program every
year to replace T.U. affiliated programs.
- College will try to increase the number of graduates, professionals, and
research programs that are among the very best especially in the areas that
build on college strengths and address local and global critical needs.
- College will develop international linkage with universities and business
houses for enhancing students' understanding of global, cultural, ethical,
and diversity issues.
- Campus will commence hostel facility and transportation facility to students
and teacher staffs.
- College will initiate plan for administrative costs reduction and redirect
surplus resources to academic programs and strategic initiatives.
Nepalese education environment demands inclusion and quality orientation for the
success of an academic institution. To cope with this environment, SSMC focuses
on participation, HR development, diversification, technology integration,
research activities, cost efficiency, quality improvement strategies on its
operation. It hopes to develop itself as an academic center of excellence and
potentially a dimmed university at the completion of this planning horizon by
exercising academic autonomy by the campus.