The objective of the BBS program of SSMC is to develop students into competent
managers for any sector of organized activity. The program is based on the principle
that graduates will spend a major portion of their life in a constantly changing
business environment. Therefore, the student should have an opportunity to obtain a
broad knowledge of the concepts and reality-based skills underlying the operation
and management of organizations.
Upon graduation, a student should be equipped to function as a manager in business,
industry and government. The graduate should also have a variety of career
opportunities in different sectors of business including entrepreneurship and create
much needed jobs for others.
The BBS programme of SSMC specially attempts to:
1. Equip the students with the required conceptual knowledge of business and administration to develop a general management perspective in them.
2. Develop required attitudes, abilities and practical skill in students, which constitute a foundation for their growth into competent and responsible business managers.
3. Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change in the Nepalese society.
4. Develop necessary foundation for higher studies in management and thereafter take up careers in teaching, research and consultancy.
SSMC is recognized by university Grant commission (UGC) for its precious academic history and excellent results. UGC has selected this campus for second Higher Education Project to develop the infrastructure and to enhance quality of performance. SSMC is the only community campus of this area which is developing as a unique centre of learning and research where every student can explore his\her career using full potentialitie s. The college has been awarded with Quality Assurance & Accreditation ( QAA) certification by Quality Assurance & Accreditation Committee of University Grants Commission Nepal on 26th June 2013 ( 12th Ashar 2070).
Bachelor of Arts (BA) is a course at SSMC attempts to enhance students’ conceptual and theoretical understanding and methodological skills of respective subjects. On completion of this course, students possess theoretical knowledge and practical skills of recognized standard with which they can pursue their career in multitude of profession such as teaching, journalism, consultancy, social work activism, NGO, INGO and government organization, services. Moreover, the completion of the course forms the foundation which enables them to pursue higher study, namely, Master's Degree in any university of the world.
The main goal of Education faculty at SSMC is to produce trained school teachers and teacher educators. It also produces educational planners and managers, educational researchers, curriculum designers and all sorts of human resources needed for the educational sectors of the country through its different programs. Currently SSMC has implemented 4 Year B.Ed. program in the annual system. B.Ed. Program (4 Year & One Year) of SSMC is designed to prepare trained teachers for teaching at secondary level of school education in Nepal.
The objective of the MBS programme is to enable the students to
work as competent managers and to meet the demand of higher level managers in
organizations, particularly in the functional areas of management Upon graduation, a
student should be able to function as a manager in business, Industry, government
and nongovernmental sector, within and outside the country, in areas like
accounting, marketing, finance and general management. The MBS program specifically
1. Equip the students with required conceptual knowledge of business and management
2. Prepare managers in the functional areas of management.
3. Develop knowledge and skill of business environment in national and global perspective.
4. Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change agents in the Nepalese society.
5. Develop research capability in the students.
6. MBS program at SSMC has its ultimate objective of educating students for professional pursuits in business, industry, and government. It is further dedicated to contributing for enhancing the knowledge and understanding of business and public administration.
The overall objective of the M.Ed. program at SSMC is to produce
higher level academic manpower such as teachers, teacher educators, education
planners and administrators, system analysts and expert in the field of education
.The specific objectives of the program are to:
• Produce qualified and competent teacher educators
• Produce efficient educational planners ,administrators and managers ,supervisors and other educational experts
• Promote innovative practices in the field of education ,
• Develop education leadership and experts that can transform the education system of the country.
The M.A. Course in Sociology and Anthropology offers students insight into literature, language, society, people, culture, and history. Besides studying required core courses that reflect the nature of the discipline, students have the flexibility of selecting courses from different areas such as society, culture and humanities. While retaining the fundamental philosophy of humanities education—cultivation of humanistic values and critical thinking—this course aims at developing students‘creative, critical, and communicative skills that they need in their academic and professional life. Focus on writing, intensive study of social issues, theories, fundamental genres, emphasis on interpretive and cultural theories, and the incorporation of interdisciplinary and comparative study are some of the underlying features of the courses. The syllabus requires a participatory and inquiry-based pedagogy for effective teaching and learning.
Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) is a newly launched 4
years, 8 semester course of Tribhuvan University faculty of management. Each
semester constitutes of 16 weeks of intensive study. The BBM program of Faculty of
Management, Tribhuvan University is designed for aspiring business leaders and
managers of the future. The BBM graduates are equipped with the necessary knowledge,
skills and self-confidence to assist in effective and successful management, within
constantly changing and highly competitive national and global business environment.
This course has been designed with the objective of producing middle-level
managerial manpower in the corporate areas.
Program Objective of BBM:
BBM program is designed with the following objectives:
1. Develop students’ skills in creative thinking, decision making, leadership, communication, and gain understanding of operations and change.
2. Develop students’ understanding of entrepreneurship and innovation, and effective management of business operations in a dynamic business environment.
3. Prepare students for professional life to work as business manager and entrepreneur.